ICT for Improved Financial Services in Nepal
key-subject: universal access, telecommunications, micro-finance
client-type: financial institution
Intelecon was retained by the ADB to provide technical assistance in assessing the investment feasibility for a dedicated national data network -- known as eFit -- that would be shared by all banks in Nepal and transmit inter-branch, inter-bank, ATM, point of sale and other financial oriented applications.
Intelecon's outputs for the client consisted of a detailed report with recommendations on:
- the legal and regulatory framework for ICT, telecom, and e-commerce;
- a business strategy for the eFIT public-private joint venture;
- requirements, technical design options and cost estimates for the banking network;
- an extensive economic analysis and poverty assessment for the project; and
- the legal documentation for establishment of the eFIT public-private joint venture.